Welcome to The Bell, Smarden
The Bell Inn is a charming traditional country pub dating from 1500s, with a weatherboarded exterior, and Kentish peg tiled roof.
Inside, this characterful pub boasts oak beams, exposed wood and flagstone floors. There are three separate and cosy bar areas, each with an open fire. The large inglenook fireplace has a picturesque wood burning stove, while the others are roaring open log fires in brick fireplaces.
Outside there a large garden which has a convenient outside bar for summer days, with beautiful views over the surrounding countryside. Ample parking is available.
Food at The Bell
The Bell offers high quality pub food, freshly prepared from seasonal ingredients.
Choose from the selection of warm filled ciabatta with a side of chunky chips, fill up on pub classics such as ham and eggs or fish and chips, or indulge in one of the pub's special homemade pies with slowcooked fillings and perfect pastry, cooked fresh to order.
There is also a children's menu, and a sumptuous roast dinner on Sundays. View our sample menus below.
- Chicken Liver Parfait - homemade, smooth chicken liver parfait. Served with red onion marmalade and toasted ciabatta
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms (V) - fresh mushrooms cooked in a creamy sauce and served on toasted ciabatta
- Fish and Chips - prime cod fillet in our own beer batter with chunky chips, not-too-mushy peas, tartare sauce and fresh lemon
- Linguine (v) - linguine pasta cooked in a rich and creamy garlic, mushroom and spinach sauce served with parmesan shavings
- Proper Pies - homemade pies with slow cooked fillings, rich gravy and pastry on the top and bottom! Worth the wait!
Open every day
12:00 - 23:00